Importing Customers or Orders to Shopify
You can use the app to migrate customers and orders from WooCommerce to Shopify. In this article, we'll describe the process and mention a few things to keep in mind while doing the import.
In order to follow along, you should have:
- The Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app installed
- A WooCommerce site with the API enabled
- Already imported your products (this is only required if you want your orders to be fully linked with the products in your Shopify store)
Depending on your store's settings, Shopify might send out emails when you import orders. We strongly recommend disabling the following notifications before doing the order import:
- New order notifications for the store owner (this is enabled by default)
- Automatic fulfillment notifications for customers (this is disabled by default)
Importing Customers or Orders
To get started with the customer or order import:
- Open up the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app. You should see a screen where you can manage your import:
2. Scroll down the page until you get to Orders.
Here you have the option to import both customers and orders, or just to import customers. The process for both is similar, and in most cases, you'll want to import both the customers and orders.
You also have the option to only bring in orders from a given date. This is useful for stores with large orders that don't want to wait for a complete reimport of orders.
3. When you've selected your option, click Import Customers/Orders:
The app will now connect to your WooCommerce site and download all your orders and customers. Once it's downloaded, it will upload them to Shopify:
Depending on the number of orders you have, this process may take a while. If you close out of the app and the order import will continue to run in the background.
Once this process is finished, you can find your imported customers and/or orders in your Shopify admin: