Importing Products from WooCommerce to Shopify
In most cases, the first thing you'll move from WooCommerce to Shopify is your products. This gives you more time to edit your product detail pages, and it's good practice to import products before migration orders. In this article, we'll cover all the steps to get your products into Shopify.
In order to follow along, you should have:
- The Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app installed
- A WooCommerce site with the API enabled
- API Credentials for your WooCommerce site
Step 1: Connecting to your WooCommerce Site
- When you open up the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app, you're presented with a screen where you can enter the URL, Consumer Key, and Consumer Secret for your WooCommerce site:
2. Once you've entered the API credentials, click on the Begin Migration button. The app will attempt to connect to your WooCommerce site and retrieve some general info like product and order counts.
If the app has trouble connecting to your WooCommerce site, take a look at our troubleshooting tips or send us a message, and we'll help you out.
Step 2: Beginning the Product Import
If everything goes smoothly, you'll see the following page after a few seconds:
This page allows you to manage your import and choose what data you want to move over to Shopify.
To start with the product import:
- Click on Import 20 Products for Free.
Once you click this button, the app will connect to your WooCommerce site, download all your products, and upload 20 of them to your Shopify store.
If you have 20 or fewer products in your store, all your products will be imported to Shopify.
Completing the Product Import
If you have more than 20 products in your store, you'll see a page letting you know that the first 20 products have transferred successfully:
At this point, we recommend taking a look at the products in your Shopify admin to make sure they transferred correctly. If you have any questions about what data did or didn't transfer, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or send us an email.
When you're ready to import the rest of the products, click on Complete Product Import. If you've closed out of the app, that's not a problem; just go back to the Shopify Admin, open up the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app, and it'll pick up where you left out.
After clicking the button, the remainder of your products will be transferred to Shopify. Depending on the number of products you're transferring, this might take a while, but you can close out of the app while the products transfer.