Disabling Automatic Order Fulfillments
When you migrate orders to Shopify, you don't want existing customers to receive a notification that an order was created. By default, customers will not receive an email when you import orders, but if you've made changes to the Checkout settings in your Shopify admin, you may need to change something before importing orders.
To make sure customers don't receive orders when you run an import, do the following:
- In the Shopify admin, go to Settings
- Click Checkout
- Scroll down to Order processing
- You'll see some settings for what to do after an order has been paid:
- Ensure that 'Automatically fulfill the order's line items' is NOT checked.
- Save the settings if you've made any changes.
Now you can import the orders, and notifications won't be sent to customers.