Modifying Product Descriptions with HTML
There are two options for modifying products using the Bulk Editor app:
- Use the 'in-app' bulk edit to both filter and modify the products
- Use a spreadsheet edit.
You can read more about the differences between in-app (bulk) edits and spreadsheet edits here.
Whichever method you choose, keep in mind that the Description field in Shopify is stored in HTML, which determines the formatting of the field. You can see the HTML version of any product description by clicking on Show HTML above it on the product page.
You will need to use the exact HTML shown in this box when performing edits with the Bulk Editor app. For example, in the product description above, let's assume I want to do an in-app edit to remove "And wait, there's more! You also get six dice."
To do an in-app edit to modify the product descriptions with HTML:
- Open up the Bulk Editor App.
- Click on In-App Edit on the left menu
- Select the Modify Products tab
- Field to edit: Choose Description
- How to edit: Choose Search/Replace
- Search for this text: ‘ <p><em>And wait, there's more!</em> You also get six dice ‘
- Replace it with this text: enter a space as the text to replace it with, as in the image below.
- Click Run Edit