Hide out of stock products with a recurring edit
If products are out of stock in your Shopify store, you can use a recurring edit in the Bulk Product Editor app to hide them. This feature is only available on the Professional plan.
In order to follow along, you should have:
- The Bulk Product Editor app installed
- Products on your Shopify store to edit
In our example, we are going to hide all products that are out of stock and are published on the web. Let’s get started!
- Open the Bulk Product Editor app
- Click on the Filter dropdown
- Search for Inventory Quantity < 0
- Click Add Filter
5. Search for Published on Web
6. Select Yes, the product is published
7. Click Add Filter
8. Click Edit Products
9. Field to Edit: Visibility (Web)
10. Select Not visible on web
11. Select Recurring Edit
12. Enter the following details for Job Detail:
Description: Hide out of stock products
Frequency: Every 2 hours
13. Select Save
The job will now run every 2 hours to check for any products that have no inventory and are published on the web. Products that are out of stock will be hidden from your Shopify store.