Remove a tag from multiple products in Shopify
When you import products from WooCommerce, the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app automatically adds a tag like 'woo_import_1' to all products. This is done so you can manage the imported products and easily delete duplicates if you run an import twice.
However, once your products are all set up, you'll probably want to remove the tag so customers don't see it when they look at products on your site. It's easy to remove a tag from multiple products in the Shopify admin by doing the following:
- Go to the product page in your shop's admin
- Click on Tagged with next to the search box
- Type in woo_import_1 (or whatever tag you are using) in the text box. It should look something like this:
4. Click on the checkbox below the filters to select all products:
5. Once you select all the products, a More actions dropdown appears. Click on the dropdown arrow to the right of More actions:
6. In the dropdown, choose Remove tags. A popup will appear where you can choose the tag you want to remove:
7. Enter the tag, click Done, and you're all set.
If you have a large number of products, it might take a couple of minutes for Shopify to remove all the products in the background.
If you still see the tag listed on a collections page:
In some rare cases, you might still see the deleted tag on the frontend of your site when you view all the collections (e.g., https://myshopname.shopify.com/collections/all). This occurs because of a bug in Shopify where old tag names aren't immediately forgotten.
If this happens to you, you can regenerate the 'all' collection by following the instructions on https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/collections/change-catalog-page to 'Reorder products on your catalog page.' Any deleted tags should disappear once you create a new 'all' collection.
If you need to make other edits to your products:
We've developed another app, the Bulk Editor app, that allows you to edit multiple products from either a custom search or by uploading a CSV field. For example, you can tell the app to 'decrease the price of all products tagged with "Sale" by 10%'. You can make unlimited edits during the free trial if you install the app from the Shopify App Store.