Searching for duplicate product titles in Shopify
You can use the Ablestar Bulk Product Editor to identify products on your Shopify store that have duplicate titles. This can be helpful if you need to clean up your product catalog or if you have accidentally imported products multiple times.
To search for duplicate products, open up the app and:
- Click on the Filters button on the homepage
- Scroll down and select Has duplicate title (you can also start typing 'has duplicate title' and select the option by pressing enter)
The app will return a list of all products with duplicate titles. From here you can choose to export them or edit them within the app.
Considerations when searching for duplicate titles
There are several things to keep in mind when dealing with duplicate titles or products:
- You can combine the 'Has duplicate title' with the 'Date Created' filter to find all products with a duplicate title, but only show ones after created a certain date.
- If you are trying to delete duplicate products, we recommend that you archive the products first. This way you can verify that you've removed the correct products and it's easy to recover if you want the products back
- The duplicate titles are case-sensitive. If you have two products, T-Shirt and T-SHIRT, they will not show up as duplicates