Editing products by spreadsheet
If you have a lot of different products to edit, it may be faster to upload a spreadsheet with those edits. This article will show you how to format your data and upload it to the Bulk Editor app.
In order to follow along, you should have:
- The Bulk Product Editor app installed on your Shopify store
- A properly formatted Spreadsheet with the products and data you want to edit
You can also use the app to generate a template Spreadsheet for you, which you can edit and re-upload.
Step 1: Uploading Your Spreadsheet
- Open up the Bulk Product Editor app
- Click Spreadsheet Edit near the top of the left hand side of the screen.
3. Select Click to Upload Spreadsheet. You will then see a file selection screen.
4. Select the Excel or CSV spreadsheet to upload. The app will process the file and see which products each row matches with.
Once the file has been processed, you'll see the data from your spreadsheet on the screen:
The first dropdown on the left determines how the products to edit will be identified. Currently, you can identify products by:
- Variant ID
- Product ID
For the rest of the columns, if the names in the spreadsheet are close to the Shopify names, the spreadsheet fields may auto-map to the correct Shopify field. However, in some cases, you may have to map the fields yourself.
The dropdown above the remaining columns determines which field(s) to edit. You have several different options:
(If you want to edit your products in a way that isn't displayed in the drop-down, send us an email, and we'll see if we can add it for you.)
Finally, the column on the right shows how many products would be matched with each edit. If all of your products list 0 matches, you may want to check to ensure the 'Match By' field is correct.
Step 2: Running the Edit
- Once everything looks good, click on Run Edit to complete the edit.
You will see a screen showing the progress of the edit and a list of the products and changes.
2. Once completed, you can view the edit by clicking History on the left hand side of the screen
3. Click Edit History
4. Select the edit from the list
Most edits can be undone as well. To read more about undoing an edit, click here.
That's all there is to it! In a few steps, you can quickly edit hundreds or even thousands of products in your store.