Creating a Google Shopping feed export
You can use the Ablestar Bulk Product Editor to create a feed of your products in the Google Shopping format. The feed can update automatically and sync with Google Shopping.
Creating a Google Shopping export
To create a Google Shopping feed file:
- Open up the app and go to the Home section in the left-hand menu. Search for the products you want to include in the feed.
- Click on the Export button at the top of the page
- Configure the export with the following options:
- File Name: Use a file name like "GoogleShoppingFeed" that does not contain any placeholders for dates. We want the file name to be the same each time it's run.
- Spreadsheet File Format: Google Shopping
- Click on the Delivery Options tab and set the following:
- Create public URL: check the box
- Repeat: check the box and set the options to repeat "Everyday" "until canceled"
Note: Repeating exports are available on our Advanced plan. You can still create a Google Shopping feed on a lower plan how ever you will need to use the app when you want to create a new version of the feed.
- Click on Generate Spreadsheet and the top of the page
The app will create the feed for you based on your products' fields and metafields. Once it's complete you will see a download link for the file:
You can click the icon next to the URL to copy the URL to the clipboard. Every day the app will generate a new feed from your Shopify products and upload it to this same URL.
Now that you've created the Google Shopping feed you can:
- Upload your feed to Google Merchant Center
- Manage your Google Shopping feed