Compare at Price
The Compare at Price is the original price for a product if it's on sale. You can use the Ablestar Bulk Product Editor to modify variant Compare at Prices in bulk.
- The Compare at Price field is the meant to be used at the original price for a product before it was put on sale
- The Compare at Price field can be blank, zero or a positive number
- If the Compare at Price is greater than the Price, most themes will consider the product to be on sale and will show the Compare at Price with a line through it
- At the end of 2020 Shopify temporarily announced that you could no longer have a price that was greater than the compare at price. They reversed this policy in January 2021.
When you edit the Compare at Price field you can modify the Price field at the same time in the following ways:
- Set the Price to the current Compare at Price value. This can be used to end sales
- Set the Price to a fix value, for example $10
The app will use the following rules to update a price from a given cell in a spreadsheet:
- Text around the numbers, like currency names or symbols, are removed
- The comma is treated as a thousands separator
- The period is interpreted as the decimal separator
Please contact us if you are having difficulties with the app extracting the correct number for an update