The price field determines how much a specific product variant will cost before shipping, discounts and taxes are applied. You can use the Ablestar Bulk Product Editor to modify variant prices in bulk
- The 'price' field is the amount that the product variant is selling for. If the compare price is greater than the price, it implies that the product is on sale.
- Shopify does not accept negative values for a price. You can use discounts instead to reduce the price of an order.
- If you edit the prices with the Bulk Editor but they suddenly switch back, it's likely that another app is automatically resetting the prices.
- The way the prices are displayed on your store's website depend on your theme and currency settings
- At the end of 2020 Shopify temporarily announced that you could no longer have a price that was greater than the compare at price. They reversed this policy in January 2021.
When you edit the price field you can modify the Compare at Price field at the same time in the following ways:
- Set the Compare at Price to the current price value. You can use this to create sales if you decrease the price value by 10% and set the Compare at Price to hold the original value of the price
- Set the Compare at Price to a fix value, for example $10.
- Text around the numbers, like currency names or symbols, are removed
- The comma is treated as a thousands separator
- The period is interpreted as the decimal separator
Please contact us if you are having difficulties with the app extracting the correct number for a price.