Inventory Sync Overview
Why Inventory Sync?
When we first created the Bulk Product Editor app in 2016 it just supported in-app edits. We quickly realized though, that we could save you more time by also supporting spreadsheet edits. After adding that, thousands of stores have save time using the app to update their products.
In many cases we found that users where downloading a spreadsheet from a supplier and then uploading it to the app. The natural next step was to remove the requirement to manually upload a spreadsheet altogether. This is where the Inventory Sync feature comes in.
Inventory Sync provides custom workflows to help automate the management of your inventory. Because the workflows are custom for each store, we can handle complex workflows that would normally require you to develop a custom Shopify app. Additionally, it's built on the same robust platform as the In-App & Spreadsheet edits which handles millions of products updates each day and allows you to view and undo any changes to your products.
Here are just a few examples of workflows that are possible with Inventory Sync:
- Inventory Updates
- Retrieve an XML file from an FTP server
- Add a prefix to each SKU and update the inventory quantities for the matching products
- Sales Management
- Retrieve a list of products to put on sale from a Google Drive folder
- Retrieve a list of the base prices for the products from an FTP server
- Combine both files to determine the sale prices for any products
- Roll-back the sale at the end of the week
- Product Management
- Retrieve a list of products from a supplier via a Dropbox folder
- Update existing products in the Shopify store
- Create any new products in the Shopify store, but keep them in the un-published state
- Email a summary of the new products to a virtual assistant
How it Works
- Fill out a quick questionnaire so we can get an idea of what work needs to be done.
- We'll review the requirements and follow up with any questions. When we have the information we need we'll go ahead create the custom code for your workflow.
- When the workflow is ready we'll coordinate a test with you to confirm that it's working as expected. If everything looks good we'll set the workflow to run automatically.
- We'll monitor the workflow to make sure it runs reliably and notify you if there's any issues