Resolving Large File Size Issue Due to Blank Rows in Excel Files
When using the Bulk Product Editor app, some users may encounter an issue where uploading a seemingly small spreadsheet file results in extended processing times or timeouts. This problem is often caused by the presence of blank rows within the file. Despite these rows being empty, they still occupy file space, leading to inflated file sizes.
To identify whether your Excel file contains blank rows, follow these steps:
- Open the Excel file in question.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the sheet to observe the position of the scroll bar.
- If the scroll bar reaches an unexpectedly large number of rows, far beyond the actual data, it indicates the presence of blank rows.
To remove the unnecessary blank rows, perform the following steps:
- Click on the row just below the actual data in your spreadsheet.
- While holding down the Shift key, click on the last row of the file. This action selects all the rows between the initial row and the last row.
- Navigate to the "Edit" menu in Excel.
- Choose the "Delete" option from the dropdown menu.
By following the steps outlined in this article to remove these blank rows, you can significantly reduce the file size and improve the performance of the app.