You can use the Ablestar Automatic Order Tags app to apply tags to customers when an order is updated. In this article, we'll discuss how to set up customer tags and some common use-cases.
Adding Customer Tags
When you are creating or editing a rule, scroll down to the Customer Tags to Modify section:
Here you can choose which tags to add or remove from the customer when their order is updated. The process works similar to order tags; when a rule runs on an order, the listed tags will be added or removed from the customer associated with the order.
Why tag customers?
There are many reasons you might want to tag your customers, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Identify customers from abroad by adding a tag to international orders
- Find extra-valuable customers by adding a tag to them after they've placed 5 orders or spent over $200
- Show customers who have only ordered once by adding two rules
- One rule to add a tag on a customer's first order
- Another rule to remove that tag when a customer has placed more than one order
Of course, there are many other things you can do with customer tags. If you're trying to tag customers based on a certain condition but can't figure out a way to do it, let us know, and we'll see if we can add it in for you.